Ever wanted to visit Alaska?! We are looking for exciting, fresh, fun, motivated people to address Alaska's building industry!
If you are an educator, motivator, entertainer, or keynote speaker, submit a proposal to participate in our event. We are looking for spirited, outdoorsy individuals who have a fresh perspective on business and can bring more to the table than just one speech.
Alaska is facing a decline in skilled trades men and women, though the jobs are here! The Interior Alaska Building Association's new campaign and theme of the 2015 ASHBA State Building Conference, ALASKA BUILT™, is one that seeks to foster community support and awareness of the building industry in our great State while educating and supporting building professionals in their endeavors.
Our 2014 Building Conference offered keynotes by the likes of Governor Sean Parnell; Senator Mike Dunleavy; Dan Fauske, President of the AK Gas Pipeline; Sarah Erkmann, AK Oil & Gas Assoc; Andrew Halcro, Anchorage Chamber of Commerce & Alicia Amberg, AK Miners Assoc.
EDUCATORS & SPEAKERS
We are looking to inspire our participants, make connections, and start conversations about the following questions following a BUILDING ALASKA TOGETHER theme:
- How can we cultivate a concept of community and common goals in the building industry in Alaska?
- How do we drive the skilled labor and trades as they relate to the building industry?
- What are some effective alternate/tech-savvy strategies to help us manage our businesses?
- In what ways can we simplify our processes and operations, while profit-building in this industry?
Our ultimate goal is the quality of the education program in partnership with you as a speaker. Sessions should be designed to incorporate, demonstrate, or model our Building Alaska Together concept during the presentation. You can learn more about Alaska Built™ at www.interioralaskabuilders.com.
All speakers are asked to participate in more than one concurrent session, as well as attend our satellite events and the Expo. We encourage all speakers to actively market their sessions alongside our event marketing.
We encourage attendees to review the conference program and create a schedule of sessions they would like to attend.
Audio/Visual equipment will be provided for presentation(s) upon request. Please include IT and A/V requirements in your speaker/education proposal. Speakers must provide their own laptops, flash drives, and software. A wired connection will be provided for your laptop so you have direct access to the high speed network. If your connection requires a super high connection speed, you will be responsible for additional charges by the venue.
ASHBA does not provide monetary or other compensation for presentations. All travel, lodging, meals, special equipment purchases, and rentals are the speaker’s responsibility. Selected speakers must review and sign the Concurrent Speakers Contract. Speaker support staff must register at their own expense or receive a session-only pass.
Submission deadline is July 15, 2015.
We want you!
• You’ll have the opportunity to connect and network with industry professionals.
• You’ll receive a complimentary conference registration.
• Your name and web address will be featured on our website, social media apps, and event literature.
• Are you an author? You can promote your book at our Expo to sell and sign copies of your book(s). (You’ll be responsible for your own payment process and shipping expenses.)
• Presenters are given the opportunity to write articles or share videos for the conference.
• You can build on your resume and portfolio.
• You’ll have an opportunity to mentor, coach, and give back to the building industry.
• You'll have opportunities to enhance your professional standing through our social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
We can't wait to hear what you have to say!
• ABC Inc.
• Alcan Builders
• Alaska Best Plumbing & Heating Inc
• Alaska Craftsman Home Program
• Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
• Alaska Interior Construction
• Alaska USA Mortgage, LLC
• Anchorage Home Building Association, Alaska
• Architecture & Allied Arts
• Blanket Builders
• Borjesson Consulting Engineers, Inc.
• Buckmeier Enterprises
• Carlisle Enterprises
• City of Fairbanks Building Department
• Cold Climate Housing Research Center
• Denali State Bank
• Dufseth Construction
• First National Bank
• Habitat for Humanity
Over 150 students & professionals from throughout Alaska will attend the 2015 ASHBA Building Conference.
Our Keynote Speakers will address the University of Alaska Community & Technical College, Hutchinson School of Engineering, and the general public. This in itself will draw unexpected, unmeasureable interest to our conference and expo!
Groups Represented at Last Year’s Conference by Participants
• Kenai Home Building Association, Alaska
• Ketchikan Home Building Association, Alaska
• Kraft Heating
• Kuhl Inspection
• LendLease (US) Public Partnerships, LLC
• Mat-su Home Building Association, Alaska
• Mt McKinley Bank
• NLC General, Inc.
• Seattle, Washington
• Spenard Builders Supply
• Tactical Constructors Corp
• The Woodway
• Tilly and Company, Ltd
• True North Credit Union
• University of Alaska Community & Technical College
• University of Alaska, Anchorage
• University of Alaska, Fairbanks
• Wells Fargo
• W V Builders, Inc.
• Yukon Title Company